Original programming that makes all the difference
The programming at The Madeline is what truly sets us apart from any other community. Our complete dedication to those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and memory loss means that residents receive programming based on their individual needs 24 hours a day.
Our programming humanizes activities and schedules using a one-of-a-kind approach we call “Therapeutic Simplicity.” Since there is no single solution to memory care, Therapeutic Simplicity incorporates a combination of several notable memory care systems used in other communities across the world, taking the most effective aspects of each and applying them to our daily activities. In other words, your loved ones are receiving the best of the best.
Based on thorough research and best practices, our methodology is completely achievable and feasible on an everyday basis for both staff and families.
Proven resident interaction therapies
We deliver the components of Therapeutic Simplicity by weaving interaction therapies into our residents’ daily routine. These methods provide a level of engagement and comfort for our residents while enabling them to live fulfilling lives.
Series of stimulating cognitive activities to generate positive responses
- Employing visual-spatial elements, executive function, memory, attention, orientation and verbal fluency
- Familiar daily routine with various activities
- Ex: Exercise at 10am with choice of stretching, toning, chair dancing, tossing games and more
- Individually designed to appeal to each resident
- Promotes community and social interaction
Pre-meal Japanese warm wet towel ritual utilizing sensory engagement and interaction
- Encourages hand and face washing
- Utilizes aromatherapy and touch to stimulate appetite
Grab and Go
Variety of resources full of failure-free impromptu small group and one-on-one activities
- Easily manageable engagement opportunities
- Enhanced communication and interaction
STAR (Specific Therapeutic Assisted Recreation)
Positive interaction and gentle reminiscing using personal items with family and friends
- Exercising relational communication
- Provides visitors with an activity to do with loved ones
- Monthly Dinner with the Stars
Rest and Restoration
Comprehensive interventions that promote calming effects for those experiencing brain changes
- 10–20 minute sessions using technology and simple concepts in 4 areas (Audio, Visual, Engagement and Comfort)
- Encourages more successful communication, and better smoother days and nights
- Enables fewer negative episodes
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Well-rounded programming areas
Therapeutic Simplicity addresses seven specific areas in our daily activities to account for residents’ unique needs. Each activity is coded according to programing area, making it easy to identify what programming area is being addressed at all times.
A detailed schedule
For each resident, we create a personalized schedule with a full docket of daily events. Every activity at The Madeline is associated with a programming area to account for all aspects of a healthy lifestyle.
As a family member, you’ll also receive a copy of this itinerary so you know what your loved ones will be up to at any point in time. This active participation in the community provides a sense of meaning for residents and families alike.